Thursday, April 29, 2021

Another Build project : LGA 1150 Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3

Sometime during the odd year that was 2020 I purchased a modern, new Rosewill "TYRFING" tower case ($35) and it has been under the stairs for some time, nice case, great price, two fans. No purpose.

So, several of the eBay acquisitions needed a home : a Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 motherboard ($80) that I populated with an Intel LGA-1150 i5-4570 ($60) and a cooler ($10) dropped in a new Corsair CX450M power supply ($60) 8GB of DDR3 12800U ram ($30) and I will be installing an ASUS Radeon R9-370 Graphics card ($85)

That is $360 so far, and a Samsung EVO 850 250 GB SSD ($35) is on the way from Ontario for a grand total of $395 - all of which is recycled eBay money from this ongoing hobby. 

This is the first photo, just to show some of the wiring routing, I will take some more project photos when the SSD arrives. 

I may have mentioned it before, but these computer builds are a form of therapy, almost a meditation for me during these odd COVID times and I am pleased that I am learning not to rush things like I did when younger. This particular build has no real purpose besides the satisfaction of completing something, making things fit, almost like LEGO for geeks. It is of course "older" technology but still very much capable for gaming and general computing and will quietly sit under my bench in case it is needed, along with several other silent soldiers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment