Monday, May 17, 2021

It's Alive!

 Well, nothing (so far) has gone terribly wrong with the new build.


I suppose I should crack on and install the SSD and the operating system, which is perhaps one of the saddest moments of building a PC, as I am already planning the next one and this will be relegated to it's home under the bench, along with the other lonely and unused computers. 

I know, it makes no sense, building stuff that will not be used, but for my brain, the joy is definitely in the journey, not the destination. I learn something new in every one of these endeavours, I find joy in the assembling of unwanted parts to be (theoretically) useful once again and it matters not that I initially have no use for the end product, however, that can change in the blink of an eye with electronics.

As a final note, I see that the BIOS version is F10c and I checked on the Gigabyte support website and that appears to be the latest, which makes me happy as it removes a task that I have never found comfortable, the dreaded BIOS flash. 


1 comment:

  1. I don't really understand much about it all, but my God, it does look very impressive ...

    ReplyDelete