Tuesday, September 29, 2020

TLC on an HP-12C

I want my belongings to be pristine, and I keep them that way, and that's the way I am.

However, this calculator caught my eye on eBay and I decided it was an unwanted orphan that needed some TLC, it was scratched up, the keyboard was filthy and scratched and it had no battery door.


I know.....

It did work though and I discussed with the Canadian seller what would work for both of us, because he needed to pay shipping, pay eBay and Paypal fees, and make a little cash. We worked out in Canada he could send via lettermail (you can send anything as long as it is light enough and fits through a 2cm slot) and an extra buck for fees and five dollars for him, so it worked out at ten bucks.

It has arrived and I have done work on it, my next post will be the resulting "throwabout" calculator for on my desk so that my pristine models can sit around and just collect dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment